Thursday, May 15, 2008

It's really over...

I am graduating from college in 1.5 days. 

My Baylor career is not just coming to an end, it is over; never again will I walk the campus as a student. I can never enjoy my bearbucks account to get my daily starbucks fix. They are going to shut down my email address. "So long" to Greek life and intramurals,  I have to join the alumni association now.  It is kinda depressing, really.  I am leaving my home of the passed four years, my friends who have become family, my favorite local restaurants, and my wonderful church, yet in my wake is a smattering of memories that I will carry with me for a lifetime. 

Four years went so much faster than I thought it would, and in many was still feel like I am 17 getting ready to leave for my freshman year of college. One look in the mirror reminds me that I am not, thank God. In other ways, I feel much older than my 22 years; strong, independent and ready to take on moving to a new city by myself. Truth be told, I am terrified of being an adult and all that it entails and wish that I felt much more prepared than I actually do to conquer life after college. Life outside "the bubble."

I am moving to Lubbock in 7 days to start earning my doctorate in Physical Therapy. I am very excited about the opportunity to take a step closer to what I want to do with my life, but I would be lying if I said that I was not apprehensive about the changes that it will bring. I take joy in knowing that this is where I am supposed to be, and look forward to what is in store, but there are still moments where I think I must be crazy. I know a grand total of 3 people in Lubbock and I have only been there once. 


I suppose this is the part where I have to grow up.

No comments: